Thank you for booking your training holiday with Bike Camp, we are very much looking forward to welcoming you in 2015 and 2016, we’re sure you’ll have a great training week experience. In preparation for your holiday, there are a few important things you need to do:
We look forward to welcoming you to Mallorca!
The Bike Camp Team
If you are using our transfer service from Palma airport, the transfer time is approx. 45 min but we allow an hour in case of traffic.
As part of our meet and greet service, when you arrive at the airport, a Bike Camp representative will meet you at the cafe called Dela & Cia, this is located after baggage collection by Gate C on floor 0. There is an information desk and a meeting point, you will find the cafe just behind them. Please wait here at the designated time and we will come and find you.
Please note that you will be able to check in to your room from 2pm and we ask that you check out of the hotel at 12am on your day of departure, although bags may be stored until your transfer time when you can return to collect luggage and bikes as applicable
- You must ensure that you have the relevant travel insurance to cover you and your bike for your trip. Be sure to check the details cover you for cycling on roads, this is normally in the form of public liability insurance.
- Be sure that your travel insurance also covers you in case you need to cancel your holiday with us. Should anything happen beyond your control which means you need to cancel your holiday, we will endeavor to fill your place and if we are successful we will give you a full refund minus your non-refundable deposit. However, if we’re unable to fill your place we cannot issue a refund and as such you may need to claim the cost of your holiday through your insurers.
- You should also have, if you are a UK resident only, your EHIC (the new E111), which you can get from the post office or online. Please make sure this is in date before travelling.
- Please ensure you check in for your plane before the morning you fly, we have had some people check in late and therefore have not been allowed on the plane or found that the seats were double booked!
- If flying and bringing your bike, we recommend that you check the weight allowance for your bike bag/box and have booked it on. We have found that some airports are stricter than others with weights.
What to Pack
- Towel for swimming. Whilst the hotel provide towels for the room, you will need a towel for pool and open water swimming.
- Slippers! As you would expect from a traditional Mallorcian hotel the floors are entirely tiled so we suggest that a pair of slippers, flip flops or warm socks to keep your feet warm!
- Spare inner tubes and any of your favourite tools with you.
- Any specific nutrition that you prefer to use when training.
- The weather/climate up in the mountains can change rapidly, so when packing your cycling clothing ensure that you have included some cold weather clothing, such as windproof or waterproof jacket, arm and leg warmers, bibbed tights and warm gloves etc. It’s better to have it and not use it than be freezing cold with no options!
- The hotel have washing machine facilities for your training clothing which is available at a small extra cost of €5 per load if you wish to use them, but you will definitely need a few pairs of good padded shorts.
- If you are hiring a bike, you will need to remember to bring your shoes and pedals, as the hire shops do not provide these as standard – we advise you to bring these in your hand luggage in case your luggage is lost.
- Bring your helmet – you will not be permitted to ride with us unless you have one with you.
- Remember to bring some Euros!
At a glance what you’ll need:
- Cycling jerseys & shorts
- Cycling shoes
- Cycling gloves
- Winter jacket
- Casual clothes for when you’re not training!
- Slippers/flip flops/warm socks
- Nutritional products you’re used to using
- Inner tubes
- Bike tools (if bringing your own bike)
- Toiletries (sun tan lotion!)
- Plug adaptors
- Chargers for electronics
- Electronics – phone/tablet/laptop/kindle etc
- Euros for kit, lunch, coffee stops and any laundry requirements
- Details of your travel insurance & EHIC card
When You Get Here
- Once you are settled into your room we’ll get together so that you can meet all of the Bike Camp team and your fellow Cyclists.
- At this stage we’ll get the boring stuff over and done with and ask for your signed booking form (if you haven’t already returned it to us), your insurance details and EHIC card (if applicable) and then give you a brief safety talk.
- After that it gets more interesting, we’ll give you a rundown of the hotel and its facilities.
- Then, based on what we know about you from our email and telephone chats, we’ll have already planned out the week’s schedule so we’ll talk you through this and get your views on whether you think this works for you.
- After that we’ll all eat dinner together and go over the plan for the following days training as well as using it as a nice opportunity to start to get to know one another.
Once you arrive, if you want to make the most of your stay with us we also offer a range of additional services such as sports massage, 121 coaching and online coaching options once you get home. For more information and prices, please get in touch or just ask us once you arrive!
Finally, you’re here with us on holiday so remember that you can opt in or out of as much as you want to. If you want to be pushed then we can make sure you are, if you want a day pottering around and relaxing by the pool then that’s fine too.
So enjoy, relax and have a great weeks training!
Don’t forget to follow us on social media so you can keep up to date on the camp and what we are doing!
Facebook – Bike Camp
Twitter – @BikeCamp1
Instagram – bikecamp1